Here’s an inspiring video on TED. Love Elif and will look for her books.
So many ideas here for Trusted Advisors.
- The dangers of surrounding ourselves with like-minded individuals. Beware cultural ghettos! I think building diverse networks of relationships improves our thinking, creativity and perspectives. That leads to adding greater value to our clients.
- See how compelling someone is when she is talking passionately about something she believes. That’s living purposefully.
- I like to think that my little TA workshop somehow helps provide knowledge that takes participants beyond themselves. Any comments?
- The more we step outside the world we know, the more we discover about ourselves. That’s living consciously.
- Personal stories resonant and in my experience are a massively under-used resource for building trust and influencing others. My experience in coaching others to use personal stories in interviews, suggests that are very powerful. Have the courage to use them.
TED is a great site if you haven’t visited before.